Mood Board
I produced this mood board with the images I thought the most appropriate. Some of them are quite literal, for instance the hearts obviously represent love and the peace symbol means peace. However I think that a few of the images are a little bit more abstract and you would have to search for a meaning, or even a few meanings. For instance, if you where to take the picture of the bubbles, you could take that in a couple ways. One could be that of childishness and of being young, whether it be physically or at heart. It could also represent being free, bubbles more often than not, fly away. So just like an image of a bird, you can imagine flying away on the breeze. This idea of freedom doesn't have to be literal, it could mean being free of heart or mind also if you look from a psychological view.
I also picked the pictures as they are bright and maybe even, in some case, over exaggerated in colour. I want to mimic this use of vivid colour. A reason is that the future hasn't happened, which is why it is the future, so one can only dream about it. In dreams, colour can be over-exaggerated, so using this helps to emphasize that 'this hasn't happened yet, this is what the future could be'.
So to explain a little bit more about some of the images within the mood board. The group with the hands actually have two meanings. The pictures with the hands being held, this represents 'unity' and that 'together we can do this' sort of thing. Sometimes to achieve something great you have to include others rather than work on your own. The pictures with the hands reaching up represent reaching towards something, not quite being able to grab it, but its there.
The flowers represent vitality and life, flowers can help you feel better and cheer you up. I image a future with lots of flowers. Although different flowers can mean different things, whether this be a personal thing or something which has been the case for hundreds of years. A couple examples of this is a rose. A rose generally means 'Love', however it can depend on the colour of said rose. A red rose often means 'true love' while an orange or yellow rose means more a 'friendship love'. Many florist websites and books can be found with many different flowers and their meanings. Even how many of each flower you need in a bouquet to say a message.
The bird and the plane represent freedom and the ability to escape from the chaos. If a bird gets scared or feels its in danger, it simply takes off and flies away. I think that as humans we have a fascination with flying and the thought of being able to fly away and be free and independent. I feel that this would make an important image to have, mainly as in the future which I imagine everyone is free.
The fire is to represent destruction, but also power. The poem talks about how war and how that is a part of the Creation the 'perfect' future. Fire is a destructive element and I think that showing this during the part which mentions war will help emphasize that. However, fire is a very strong and powerful element so I also think it would be a good image to read as being an influence to be strong and passionate about things.

No comments:
Post a Comment